Wednesday 18 March 2009

Phonesex

Phillip Toledano is a photographer I saw in Hotshoe a couple of years ago. I recently picked up on one of his more recent projects titled 'Phonesex'. Now I'm not really the type to ring up 'sex lines' (at least for a few years) but from what you see on the TV I always get the image of them being really fit, in a really clean environment.
Toledano goes into the live's of the people that work in this industry. Invading their privacy and finding out why they do the job they do. It's a really bizarre subject, and when the photo's are read with text, they're like short stories. The images also appear to be quite glossy/editorial. I'm unsure as to why he's done this, but it's definitley a different approach that works well with documentary photography. Click here to view the rest of the series with text/

1 comment:

hilcox said...

ha, my ex was a phone sex worker. slag.